Re: MG with LeMans-type Nose...

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MG with LeMans-type Nose...
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 13:10:52 -0700
Ha ha, that's a good question. The usual location of the spare on the B is
more-or-less behind the rear wheels on the floor of the trunk, but the
continental kit moves its center of gravity almost two feet to the rear, and
more significantly, probably 18 inches up. So that raises the roll center
and adds to the polar moment of inertia, both to the detriment of handling.
But somehow I don't think handling entered into the thinking on this
modification...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149