MG2001 returned

To: "Mgs@autox.team.net" <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MG2001 returned
From: James Schulte <schultejim@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2001 16:48:57 -0700
Hi All,
I'm back with pictures of MG2001.  They are at gatherround.com  use my
email   schultejim@prodigy.net   password is   mg2001.
I had problems right off the bat on the way out.  I had the car attached
to a tow bar and a bracket.  The bracket needed extra support by
drilling into the cross member and running a brace to the bracket so the
bumper didn't flex when I stopped or accelerated.  We took care of it in
St. Paul thanks to a local Club member from Plymouth MN.supplying the
drill and bits.  The ride home was much more relaxing, not having to
worry about the bumper snapping off.  Other then that we had a normal 2
day ride out except around Chicago.  That's another story.  We stayed at
the Midway Sheraton.  It was under repair.  There were others their but
no social was held any night.  We had to supply the fun, which is not
difficult with our group. The second day on our way to one of the lakes
we fooled with different distributors and found out I had a bad coil.
Once that was fixed, everything went well.  That was the hesitation I
thought was a carb problem.
 The show was fun and some vending was productive but I was disappointed
that there weren't more used part venders.  We spent some time at some
local lakes and the Mall of America.  On the 4th, we saw 6 fire works
displays going on at one time from a roadside pull off next to a lake
that had 1000's of boats doing the same.  What a sight.  We also went to
Ft. Snelling and other points of interest. While traveling the highways
we discovered the driving skills of some locals from St. Paul area were
suspect.  We thought we had left road rage back in Philly.  Oh well,
the panoramic picture was fun on Friday and we saw the track but had to
leave before the racers got on with it.  Our trip back was long but
relatively uneventful.  Thanks to the team work of our club members, the
2400 mile adventure was a success.
Mark J.  came over today and helped me bleed the brakes one more time .
He put his Mallory dual point distributor and I put in the new Flame
Thrower coil.  The cars runs like a maniac now!!!!  See the Philly
members at the meeting Tuesday.  Next project is the Tranny swap I've
been putting off for my wife's 70B.
Jim
78B
70B