Re: Coolant loss

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Coolant loss
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 12:10:30 -0700
Well, the good news is that the two symptoms you cite are consistent with a
head gasket leak into a water passage. That's also the bad news...

Have you checked the compression?

BTW if the heater core was leaking you would almost certainly be aware of
it. Try running the defroster full blast (if you can call it that) when the
engine is good and hot. This would probably mist up the windscreen if there
was a leak (and smell like hot antifreeze).

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

///