Re: coil spring compressor

To: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>,
Subject: Re: coil spring compressor
From: "Larry B. Macy" <macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 19:13:16 -0400
Actually on a RB Midget this is the only way to do it. The spring is too
long to clear the little centering hump in the spring pan. They will come
out that way tho. I know we tried this past weekend on Allen H's Midget. It
was kind of humorous watching 3 guys try to get the spring back in the way
you describe. With a 3 foot pry bar to try and compress the spring.

With one bolt a little long it actually works pretty good, as long as you
don't have to grind off the rust encased bolts. My springs are shorter, but
also much stiffer so I still have to do it that way.

Oh well, live and learn.

Larry

--

Larry Macy