Re: "Lola" origins NOPE !!

To: "J.R. Leach" <leachsr@idirect.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "Lola" origins NOPE !!
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 23:17:46 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: J.R. Leach <leachsr@idirect.com>
To: mgs@autox.team.net <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 9:24 PM

>Hey Dude !
>Wrong song ! :-)
>The Kinks'  "L-O-L-A Lola " was a transsexual,

I believe "homosexual cross-dresser" would be more accurate.  The lyrics
imply that no surgical procedures were involved.

>the Lola of " Damn Yankees " was a hot, sultry, heater!

Damn Yankees came from a damn good book:  The Year The Yankees Lost The
Pennant.  I recommend it.  Although I have heard several of the songs from
Damn Yankees, I have never seen the play performed.  I do like a particular
parody of the show's most famous song: "Ya gotta have skin / Nothin' else
will hold you in"

>As far as I know Eric Broadly preferred the latter.

As far as I know, Lola Cars predates the Kinks' song, but certainly does not
predate "What Lola wants, Lola gets".

"Kids haven't lost the feeling that the sense of wonder is more important
than wondering what makes sense.  And if that doesn't define what it takes
to like British cars, I don't know what does." -Scott Fisher

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list