Re: '67B, '68 O/D

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: '67B, '68 O/D
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 21:04:08 -0600
The problems are in using a 68 or newer transmission with the 67 and
earlier model of car which used a slightly different non-synchro
transmission and tunnel configuration. And a different starter etc.

So long as you have the newer Laycock transmission (should be an
identification plate on the bottom side of the OD near the solenoid), it
should just bolt right on to the 68 or newer engine. You will need to run
power to the switch on the tranny that engages when in 3rd or 4th gear  -
this will come from whatever switch you use for the OD. You may also need a
different driveshaft and a longer speedo cable. And the correct speedometer
if you want it to read accurately. No grinding, cutting, or any other
irreversible modifications.

David

At 09:59 PM 7/11/01 -0400, BPearce2001@aol.com wrote:
>It never ceases to amaze me how listers can post questions that are so
>timely...  I have a 69B and recently purchased an O/D from British Motors in
>OKC.  I was in the process of replacing the clutch and he assured me that I
>would like the O/D much better.  I assumed that if there were any major
>problems in converting to O/D , he would have told me.  I do not know what
>year the O/D is... how can you tell?  Also, am I going to have to make all
>those modifications?????  The engine and the gearbox are together sitting in
>the garage just waiting to go in... now I am worried that it's going to be a
>problem...
>
>Becky
>69B

///