MY FIRST FLAME FROM ED EVERYONE!!!

To: "JustBrits" <justbrits@home.com>,
Subject: MY FIRST FLAME FROM ED EVERYONE!!!
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 23:50:13 -0700
THIS IS MY FIRST FLAME FROM Ed! After being on the list since '98!
That has got to be a record!   :)

I wish the archive was still working!

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001 21:33:41 -0500, JustBrits wrote:

><<I delete the trailer (which doesn't make me happy) >>
>
>So Andrew, you "donating" a couple hundred buck to Mark each year???
>
>Lost your "copy & paste" abilities??

I don't even have to cut and paste with my mailer actually, I just have
to highlight, and hit reply.  But I forget once in a while.

>Ed

Unmistakably Ed.

>PS:  Do you administer as many FREE Lists as MJB???

Nope, just a free parts page that has had 40,000+ hits.
He is doing us a wonderful service and I prefer it to the yahoo groups
by a long shot!

>PPS:  Get a Friggin' LIFE, LAZY!!

Laziness is the mother of invention I always say.  If people weren't
lazy, they wouldn't build machines.  They would still be doing
everything the hard way.
But now that you mention it, I might be able to create a script to eat
those last lines for me!  :)

>PPPS:  Oh yeah, notice I DID NOT RE-Address Mr Munroe but DID you just to
>ensure YOU get this.  95%
>of Listers think it's just fine to hit reply all.  BS

I don't care if they use reply all, it all goes to the same sorted
folder because I am lazy and make my mail tool sort it for me.

The only reason I don't like it is because it screws up the subject
sorting when people forget to edit the message, leave the header there,
it gets deleted, so they forward it back at the list and the subject
becomes something like:  Fw: Blah broken Blah '79 MGB

I think the list is great and try to recruit as many people as
possible.

Do I have to wait another 3 years for the next one, or was I on the
list before you.  If you came say two years ago, then maybe I only have
to wait two more years.  That wouldn't be so bad.

If you weren't just a big grumpy teddy bear it might upset me.  I know
it has chased others who haven't seen it before off this list.

Maybe the caustic remarks aren't beneficial to the fine list that Mark
provides.

You could have explained why the the trailers are there.

If you don't know, it is because there was a problem with some mail
servers a few months back that caused them to keep resending the same
messages over and over.  He had to add the tail to the end of the
messages to reject the messages.  And he is the only one of the admins
of lists I was on that was good enough to do it.  Also he hopes to save
space by reducing the duplication.

We love ya Ed, even if you get really mean and pissy.  And if you have
a good price on something I will still buy it from you, even though
others won't.

--
Andrew Lundgren
lundgren@byu.net