Re: Tire Gauge Recommendation Needed

To: Ajhsys@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tire Gauge Recommendation Needed
From: James Nazarian Jr <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 11:11:03 -0600
I have had very good luck with the Summit branded analog gauge on a flex
hose.  I think they were $14.  buy the one nearest your preasure range
and you'll have a finer scale on the face.

--
James Nazarian Jr
71 MGB roadster

A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have
   evolved from a simpler system that worked just fine.

On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 09:43:43AM -0400, Ajhsys@aol.com profoundly declared:
> In a message dated 7/11/01 8:13:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time, eugeneb@nni.com
> writes:
>

> > I need a recommendation for a good tire gauge.  I
> > have a  couple of the stick type but I am not sure
> > that I trust them.  Are the dial type any better ?
> > How about the digital type ?
> >

> - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
> In general, the tire gauges you can buy at most auto supply stores for under
> $10 are pretty bad.  You need to find a speed shop or go on-line to summit
> racing (http://www.summitracing.com) and buy a good dial gauge on a flex
> hose.  They will be more like $20 and up, but they are worth it.
>
> Allen Hefner
> SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
> '77 Midget
> '92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport