Re: Compatibility question

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Compatibility question
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 15:41:22 -0700
The differences should be pretty minor. One easy way to tell for particular
parts is to consult the Moss catalog, which generally breaks down
applications by year or VIN. The book "Original MGB" (AKA "Clausager") goes
into great detail about year-to-year changes, if you need more info. But
generally, you could pretty much treat the MGB taxonomy very simply, as an
overlapping series of dichotomies:

Chrome bumper vs rubber bumper
Pre-smog vs smog
3-main vs 5-main
3-synchro vs 4-synchro
Pull handle vs push button

I'm sure one could come up with a few more minor ones. And there are a few
"rogue" changes that don't really fit these patterns. But as long as you are
not straddling one of these divisions you are certain to have most parts in
common.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149