72-75 MGB glovebox seal

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 72-75 MGB glovebox seal
From: CraigFaubel@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 21:16:42 EDT
I have a 72-75 MGB dashboard that I've customized to fit my needs in a 71.
Now I have a painted dash (no padding) and the glovebox sheetmetal protrusion
is wrapped in a radiused outer wrap that blends in with the dash.  The lid
fits up pretty well, but I'd like a soft 'rubber' seal to cushion the closed
lid.  I dont know what to use that wont look like it belongs on a window
screen.  I like the custom molded seals that carmakers use on their doors,
only what I need is some generic 'D' shaped tubing about 1/4 - 3/8" diameter
that I can glue on to the lid along the flat side of the 'D'.  Does any of
this make sense, and/or can anyone come up with an idea to help?

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list