MGB Water Pump

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Water Pump
From: "Jerry Causey" <jcausey@whidbey.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 20:16:43 -0800
My '67MGB GT is a bit of a mongrel. I bought it several years ago
with a 1979 18V engine, and now it has a 1969 18GH engine. Both
of these engines came with similar water pumps. I just acquired a
cast iron pump on eBay that is almost an inch shorter than the
other two (MAYBE I have room for an electric puller fan now). There
is a British Leyland "L-in-a-wheel" symbol cast into the body, along
with the number 12H4468. The impeller is marked 12H4469.

Can anyone identify what year engine this water pump was
intended for?

Thanks,
Jerry Causey

///