Re: Evaluating parts cars

To: "Will Brien" <wbrien@mediaone.net>, "MGS" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Evaluating parts cars
From: "Mark and kathy LaPierre" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 08:07:06 -0500
Will,
     You really need to open up the tranys to be sure your not just buying
somebodyelses junk pile.  Total waste of your money in that case.  There are
too many good, dry parts cars available to waste money on rust problems on
major parts.
     You need to look inside to see if water has seeped into the trany and
pitted any of the shafts or gears.  Since the one trany is out already this
shouldn't  "B" a problem unless the owner won't let you and that is a
definite signal to turn and walk away.  Your in the drivers seat on this
one,  you've got the check book and they want your check. Its your play.
Take your wrenches over and get to work.
     Any pitting or deep rust is extremely difficult to fix and expensive.
     Many of us have bought COMPLETE cars for 300 to $500. They are out
there. Patience , patience, patience.
     My wife keeps reminding me that I don't have to bring every car that I
find home and of course she is ri..;;;gh.....;;;;t.  (that was hard to get
out)

Mark