Re: questions regarding findings on my son's 79 MGB

To: rexcats <rexcats@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: questions regarding findings on my son's 79 MGB
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 20:54:01 -0400
Michael,

      IMHO, those oil pressure numbers are wonderful and not indicative of an
engine that needs to be pulled apart.  Being on the other coast, in a state
(Mass.) that doesn't require emissions test for cars as old as ours, I'm leery
suggest ways around the California smog test.  If it were my car, I'd head to
the
list guru closest to your location and have them check it out.  Are you anywhere
near Lawrie Alexander (Cameron Park) or Skip Kelsey (Pleasanton)?

Good luck,

rexcats wrote:

> Greetings to the list.
>
> So far my wife has been making all the posts to this list. Now I've
> got a report on the progress of getting a B on the road again, and
> some questions to ask.
>
> Our son's 79B won't pass the wonderful California smog test and I
> was told, when I took it for a precheck, that it wasn't firing on
> one cylinder at idle. I've tried removing the plug wires while it

<big snip>

--
Bud Krueger
http://home.ici.net/~bkrueger/