Smokey joe

To: "MGs (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Smokey joe
From: scott beavis <sbeavis@solartronanalytical.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 09:19:13 +0100
Managed to turn the M3 into a smoke screen last night. Driving to the cinema
and whenever I went over 70mph lots of smoke was seen out the back. It got
pretty bad and people were beeping and flashing me. The problem is that
large amounts of oil are coming out of the crankcase breather pipe and going
straight over the red hot exhaust manifold. I have a K&N breather on the
pipe. The oil is coming out because the engine is very worn and tired and I
think the piston rings are on their last legs. It will all be pulled out and
reconditioned in the autumn, but in the meantime I need a solution to all
the smoke. I figured the best thing is to just bung some heater hose on the
pipe and send the oil onto the road. On the mini all the crankcase vents (3
of them) are ducted to a catch tank.  Maybe that is what I need on the MG.
Anyone else have this problem?      (and no-one say stick it in the carb!)

Scott

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com