My B doesn't like me

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: My B doesn't like me
From: Tyson Sherman <mts3@Ra.MsState.Edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 19:26:52 -0500 (CDT)
I finally got around to doing some much-needed jobs on my 76 B and it has
fired back with some ugly problems.  I replaced the shocks I've had since
97 and couldn't even really test drive it because a trunnion bolt (upper
that goes through the kingpin) stripped.

Then today I replaced the speedometer cable that broke years ago.  Upon
reassembly I discovered the tell-tale oil leaking on my feet.  Yep it's
the oil pressure gage.

So my question:  How is the rectangular oil pressure gage removed?  I have
no idea how to remove it.  Any tips from someone who has done this would
be most appreciated.

Atleast I got to drive my 77 Midget a bit.  It got its rebuilt alternator
installed.

Does anyone on the list have a rubber bumpered Midget with a Weber DGV and
points distributor?

Thanks.

Tyson Sherman
mts3@ra.msstate.edu