Re: carb conversion dilemma (Dave)

To: dcouncil@imt.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: carb conversion dilemma (Dave)
From: Jethogger@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 07:12:26 EDT
Hello Dave. No, Don't plug off that vent coming from side of block. You will
create crank case pressure and have many oil leaks. And start burning oil.
This is what I do. I connect a hose to the vent tube off the block. And run
it back to rear of engine. Letting it vent to the ground. On the carbs. I
plug the vent holes with 5/16th vacuum plugs. I have even on my 67B. Use an
MGA side cover. Which has a tube the turns down ward to the ground. Look in a
parts book. It will show this part.
John,  Flintstone, GA

PS. If your area has smog inspection. You will not be able to get away with
this.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list