Tranny leak (gotta love these cars!)

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tranny leak (gotta love these cars!)
From: "Chris Chandler" <barak@voyager.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 14:31:45 -0400
It would appear that I have developed a tranny leak.

I figure it must be the transmission because the car was in the garage for a
week with no oil under it and then I decided to do the routine fluids
check/fills and found the transmission almost empty.  Topped it off and the
next day I had a small puddle of oil on the garage floor.  Looking
underneath the whole things is covered in oil & goo so I can see where it's
coming from.

Where are the major suspect areas to check?

Does this mean pulling the tranny to fix no matter where it's coming from,
or are there some repairs that can be done to fix it in situ?

As usual, thanks!
Chris Chandler
70' MGB Roadster

///