I only have two hits on the MG list archive

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
From: "Tim Economu" <economu@whidbey.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 16:15:08 -0700
As far as flames go, one geek named Tim claimed he
knew more about
MGs than me because he has a Healey and also
I only have two hits on the MG list archive search engine
and he had 99.  First of all everyone knows
the archive search function doesn't work right.
Second I've never claimed to know more about
MGs than any Healey owner.

I only asked him to start up a "I-hate-Bill-Gates" mail list, and little did
I know the poison would begin spewing.
Geek?! Sure whatever. I usually don't resort to name calling, but maybe that
just makes me more mature. First of all it was Martin who claimed to be the
major wrench, and if I did not believe him check the archives. Well when
presented with the proof, he just called me a liar!! So we all should know
that the search function actually does work well (like a good browser too!)
but it has a limitation, which I have and others have repeatedly warned the
list members of, which is it only goes as far as the fall of 2000. I have
asked our list manager (Mark) about this but no response. He is obviously
busy on other things.

And lastly I don't own a Healy. This was another problem Martin was having
by calling me a LBC beginner (and a list newbie). When I showed him proof
that he was wrong on both counts he called me a geek and a liar (and other
vile). So I just stopped communicating and another list member suggested he
had also blocked M's email address. I just press the delete key now.

So about the important things in life. Took the MG on a 1200 mile trip this
weekend and it was a blast. Hiway 395 in Oregon, and a bunch of interstate
stuff as well. Total trip was about 28 MPG, and also averaged as 80 MPH for
about 3 hours straight this morning on I-90, with peaks up to 100!! What a
blast!

Kind regards,

Tim Economu
'69 MGBGT