Re: Tire pressure monitors (No LBC)

To: kmr@pil.net, spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tire pressure monitors (No LBC)
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 10:18:05 EDT
In a message dated 7/31/01 3:43:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kmr@pil.net
writes:

> Interesting.  Now what about expansion of the air inside the tire due to
> temperature?  How will the ECU determine the correct pressure at any given
> instant, or will this be a static system only utilised while the car is off
> or at initial start up.  Because if not, they'll need some tire temperature
> sensors too.  Hmm, we'll need a tarmac temperature sensor also and an

- - - - - - - - - - -

Well, that will cost a whole lot more than the $45 stated in the article.
The sensor is to light a warning light on the dash when the cold tire
pressure is 20% or 25% BELOW the lowest recommended cold pressure.  The light
stays on until the pressure is fixed.  I doubt they have worked out the
details yet.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget