Rebuilt carbs, what a rush!

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rebuilt carbs, what a rush!
From: Speedo79@aol.com
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 12:37:25 EDT
Listers,

I just received my rebuilt HIF4 carbs from Lawrie Alexander at British
Sportscar Center (no financial interest, YMMV, don't past 'Go'...), and they
are beautiful!  The car started without any adjustments, and ran great with
just a few turns of the idle and jet screws!  The carbs look brand new (a
friend commented on them) and put out great horsepower!  I can now run the
engine up to redline in all four gears without hesitation and it idles smooth
as silk!  It feels good to get the 'B back out on the road!

On an off topic: I am looking at purchasing a 1987 BMW K100LT motorcycle from a
friend, and would like to know any good insurance companies willing to insure a
22 year-old kid.  My current company, 21st Century, doesn't insure motorcycles,
but seems to be the cheapest I can find for my daily-driver 'B. Please reply
off list.  Thank you.

Keep 'em going!
Steve Sanchez
1977 MGB