Anybody wanna rent an MGBGT for a vintage race?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Anybody wanna rent an MGBGT for a vintage race?
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 19:31:30 -0700
Folks,

I'm trying to get jasmine ready for the Conference race at Thunderhill
over Labor Day weekend (It's an absolute blast!
http://207.71.108.169/tcrace.htm

In addition to the regular road races, they are also going to be
having a vintage race:  http://207.71.108.169/racevint.pdf

It turns out that there are two roadracing classes that I can run the
car in with conference, and it occured to me that I can recoup (or is
that re-coupe in a BGT?) some of my costs by renting her out for the
vintage race.

If you're looking for a chance to drive classic british iron on a
really fun and challenging track in California, this might be a great
opportunity for you. I'm not going to pretend that she's capable of
setting any lap records, but in the Production Race last year, she was
not the slowest car on the track. I was able to turn about a 2:30 lap
time, I suspect that a good driver could knock a few seconds off of
that.

I've got pictures of the car and stories from last year at:
http://www.red4est.com/jasmine

With luck I'll finish prepping her for painting tonight and drag her
down to Earl Scheib to bring her paintjob up to 20/20 specs (*).

If anyone is anywhere near the Santa Cruz mountains and thinks that it
would be fun to help me get the car prepped for the race please get in
touch with me.  I'll also be looking for folks to help crew for me the
weekend of the race.

   Larry

(*) It looks just fine from 20 feet away driving by at 20MPH.

--
     I can't go back and change time, but I can make up for lost time.

///