1974 Midget is for sale

To: "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1974 Midget is for sale
From: "Charles Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 16:05:03 -0400
Greetings folks:

Due to my recent acquisition of the 1972 Midget, my 1974 is for sale.
Before I place it on eBay or the mgcars classified list, I figured I'd
mention it here first.  The car is number GAN5UE146332G, and all of the
emissions stuff is functioning and intact.  I will be making pictures
available shortly, so email if you are interested.

The car has just under 100,000 miles on the odometer and compression was in
the 120s on all cylinders when last checked two years ago.  I doesn't burn
much oil, and the transmission is smooth and quiet.  The interior needs to
be cleaned up, with a new carpet kit and seat covers.  I can include a vinyl
dashtop cover from Moss, which the buyer would need to cover the sun cracks.
The top is in good shape; the windows are clear, although they do have some
(minor) creasing.

As for the rust situation (as some list members will remember I have
complained about) is actually pretty straightforward.  The major rust
problem is near the rear drivers side wheel well, which has manifested
itself as a hole in the boot floor, blistered paint, and missing the bottom
piece of metal on the back of the wheel arch.  Most of the problem could be
corrected by welding in a new box assembly with spring hangers, which is
available from Moss, as well as the other usual sources.  Other rust areas
are less structural in nature, including blistered areas along the sills,
the bonnet, and a couple of other small places.

Oil pressure is strong, at about 65 psi on the highway.  The battery is new.
The color is red.  Most everything works, with two exceptions being the
screen washer fluid jets and the backup lights.  The car is located in
Bloomfield, NJ, which is about 15 miles west of New York City.   Email me at
cdsorkin@cdsorkin.com  if you have any questions, or for pictures.  My
asking price is $2000.  I won't be able to deliver it, but in all
likelyhood, the car should be able to make a road trip of any distance.

Charles
'74 Midget (for sale)
'72 Midget
'68 Sprite