Re: I've got a bad feeling

To: mgs4dave@warwick.net
Subject: Re: I've got a bad feeling
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 19:32:50 -0400
Dave,
  First thing to check (let's try easy things first)  when the OD shifts
in and out is the fluid level in the gearbox. Earlier this summer I
learned to my dismay that two of the OD sump bolts were turning into
stripped threads.  An amazing amount of oil leaks out and will quickly
suck the gearbox and OD dry, while putting a nice anti-rust oil
application all over the bottom of the car.
  Threads are 10-32, but the helicoil kit costs $45, so I am
experimenting with JB weld.
Bob
> Found on the way home my overdrive needs an adjustment as it kicked
> in
> and out. this was the first time doing 80mph and was quite a thrill
> on
> Rt. 287. (Not that I speed all the time speeding, of course).
> cheers,
> Dave Houser

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list