Re: Side Mirror Question

To: AGreenberg@aol.com
Subject: Re: Side Mirror Question
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 12:47:17 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Alex,
If you are asking about your 76 and if you have the same kind of side
mirrors as I do on my 76, then there is a set screw on the bottom of the
mirror that you can use to tighten up against the ball of the ball and
socket joint. BTDT.

Bill

On Sun, 26 Aug 2001 AGreenberg@aol.com wrote:

> Hello Group,
>
> My passenger side mirror keeps folding in toward the car as I drive, wind
> obviously.  Is there a way to tighten-up the mirror so it stays in place.  I
> was thinking of doing a little exploratory surgery ( pulling out the seal and
> popping out the glass ) to see what was inside.  Is there something
> adjustable in there?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Alex
>
> 1976  MBG fair weather Daily Driver.
> 1993  Subaru Legacy LE - painfully reliable automobile
> 1974  Ducati 750GT - exquisitely beautiful Motorcycle

Bill Saidel           (856) 225-6336
Dept. of Biology      (856) 225-6312 FAX
Science Building      E-Mail: saidel@crab.rutgers.edu
Rutgers University
315 Penn Street
Camden, NJ 08102-1411
USA
For more information about my science, check
      http://crab.rutgers.edu/~saidel/saidel.html

"Sacred cows make divine hamburgers."

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list