mgb windshield seals

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: mgb windshield seals
From: CraigFaubel@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 16:56:47 EDT
I took apart my B windshield to replace the glass, and while apart, I
polished the frame and had it powder coated (looks great).  I got all new
rubber and screws, too.  Now that I've replaced everything (WHAT A CHORE), I
need to carefully trim the strip seal, and I dont remember exactly how the
post seals fit with regard to the windshield-to-body strip seal.  Can someone
describe if the strip seal edge lays on top of the post seals or exactly
alongside or underneath?   Or what?
   And what went through the mind of the engineer who designed the steel
brackets that hold the thing together?   Dont you think that's just classic
British Gadget ??

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list