Re: Virus catcher

To: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>, mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Virus catcher
From: Mike Barnes <mike@mghorizon.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 14:39:27 -0500
Unfortunately this does not work in Outlook Express at least, I don't know
about other mail programs. Outlook Express will still send the message to
your mail server. Your mail server will then bounce the invalid address and
return it to you. All the other addresses will still get the message. You
will just know that something has sent some e-mail out from your address
book by which time it is too late.

Unfortunately, this message in itself is a virus, I have seen it several
times now, note the line "Try this and pass on to your email contacts", it
is just a way of trying to clog up the internet with huge amounts of e-mail.
How many copies of this are being delivered right now?

Test the theory yourself, do as the e-mail says then send a test mail to
that address and yourself, see what happens.

Cheers

MikeB

PS: Not having a go at anyone, just trying to be nice! :-)