Re: Oil and Starters

To: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>, <microdoc@apk.net>
Subject: Re: Oil and Starters
From: "Larry B. Macy" <macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu>
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2001 09:27:52 -0400
That, I think, is true. Note I stated "Especially with old iron blocks."
Newer engines use some fancy schmancy silicon treatment in the cylinder
bores (I think they are sleeved, but not sure, might be the whole block).
The old iron blocks don't have that enhancement, so they need a bit of wear.
Also, I think it has something to do with the fine "sanding" (for lack of a
better term) of the ring edges.

It is all about seating. Nothing to do with the size of the seats tho ;-)

Larry

--

Larry Macy
78 Midget