Re: Forwarded: MGB Won't Start...Again!!!

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Forwarded: MGB Won't Start...Again!!!
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2001 21:36:04 -0600 (MDT)
Did you check the basics when it would not start?

First, did it turn over?  (First check to see if you have electricity
at all.  If you do have power, turn on your head lights and hit the
starter again.  If the lights go out instantly, then it is a pretty
good guess that you have a faulty electrical connection.  Check for
poor electrical connections all the way though the high load wires,
especially at the battery.  )

If it does turn over, do you have fuel at the carbs?

If you do, do you have spark at the coil?

If you do, do you have spark at the plug wires?  (go the other way if
you like, plugs, then coil...)

If you do, is the spark strong enough?

It has to be the fire, or the fuel as you know it is not a massive
engine failure.

Since it only fails on occasion it shouldn't be bad fuel mixture.

Give us more info!

--
Andrew Lundgren
lundgren@byu.net