Re: Spark problem

To: Lordshill@aol.com
Subject: Re: Spark problem
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2001 17:43:51 -0600
<<<snip>>>
From: Lordshill@aol.com
     Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 17:17:32 EDT
     Subject: Spark problem

       I'm aat my wits end and unable to fiqure this out.  I am
unable to get
spark at my plugs.  I have plenty of spark going into the cap
from
the coil
but nothing goes out.  I've replaced the cap; rotor; points; etc
and
have
tried new wires. Just a real puzzel.  Could it be that Mr Lucas
has
taken the
day off?
Roy E Barley
<<<snip>>>

Roy:

Has anyone had the distributor out?

<<<snip>>>
I have plenty of spark going into the cap from the coil but
nothing goes out.
<<<snip>>>

>From that statement, I would guess that the rotor is not lining
up with the terminals inside the cap at the right time.

Remove the valve cover, turn the engine until the timing marks
line up and both valves  on cylinder one are closed.  I.E.  make
sure the engine is TDC on number one.

Check to see if the rotor points to the terminal in the cap that
runs to the spark plug for cylinder number one.  If it's half way
between terminals you won't get any spark.  You may be able to
rotate the distributor enough, or you may need to remove it and
reinsert it so the rotor points to the correct terminal.

Blake

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list