Re: surplus black tags

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: surplus black tags
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 11:10:47 -0700
Since the "license plate reform" bill (which Rick was writing about) was
vetoed, old CA black plates are only valuable if attached to a CA car that
has been under continuous registration in CA, or to license plate
collectors. Once the car has left the state, the CA plates cannot be used on
any other car, or even on the same car if you reimport it -- they would be
confiscated by the DMV and new ones issued.

So, no, you are not sitting on a gold mine... sorry.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

///