RE: Tranny oil level, 75 B

To: "'Mark Dawson'" <torchbone@bright.net>,
Subject: RE: Tranny oil level, 75 B
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 18:22:21 -0700
Was it winter when you filled the transmission?

Expansion, or the car not being exactly the same level are the only likely
answers.  It's very unlikely that water is getting into the trans, although
possible.  The water would float on the oil and it would be the first thing
to come out.  There is no connection for engine oil to reach the inside of
the transmission.  It usually just coats the outside of the box.

Have you thought about patenting the process and tapping the MGB well?

> Ok, this one is bugging me, and I can't find an answer in the
> archives.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list