Re: Fw: Makes One Wonder...

To: British Sportscar Center <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: Makes One Wonder...
From: Aaron Whiteman <aaronw@wsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 14:53:30 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, British Sportscar Center wrote:

> This appears to be going around but I hadn't seen it on this list, so here's
> something for us to be thinking about......
>
> In the early 1500's, Nostradamus' made this prediction:

>"In the year of the new century and nine months,
>From the sky will come a great King of Terror...
>The sky will burn at forty-five degrees.
>Fire approaches the great new city..."

>In the city of York there will be a great collapse,
>2 twin brothers torn apart by chaos
>While the fortress falls the great leader will succumb
>Third big war will begin when the big city is burning"

> Kinda makes one wonder, doesn't it?

It would, but that isn't what Nostradamus wrote.[0]

>From http://www.crystalinks.com/quatrains.html:

                At forty-five degrees, the sky will burn,
                   Fire approaches the great new city,
                Immediately a huge, scattered flame leaps up
               When they want to have verification from the Norman
                        (Century VI, Quatrain 97)

                    The king will want to enter the new city,
                Through its enemies they will come to subdue it
                  Captives liberated to speak and act falsely,
             King to be outside, he will keep far from the enemy.
                     Garden of the world near the new city,
                      In the path of the hollow mountains,
                  It will be seized and plunged into the Vat,
               Drinking by force the waters poisoned by sulfur.
                          (Century X , Quatrain 49)

                     By fire he will destroy their city,
                            A cold and cruel heart,
                             Blood will pour,
                               Mercy to none.

              Earth-shaking fire from the center of the earth.
             will cause the towers around the New City to shake,
                Two great rocks for a long time will make war,
                And then Arethusa will color a new river red.
                         (Century 1,  Quatrain 87)

Century X would be

[0]: http://www.snopes2.com/inboxer/hoaxes/predict.htm

Hope I am not being to gruff here, that is Ed's job :P

--
Aaron Whiteman -- Thoughts of graduation vaguely apply.
   RCW 19.190 notice: This address is located in Washington State.

///