[Top] [All Lists]

Re: Fan Removal!

To: Dan DiBiase <>
Subject: Re: Fan Removal!
From: Rick Brown <>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 21:08:33 -0400
Dan Those are Locking tabs - Just take a screwdriver or chisel and a hammer and
hammer the flanges back down and you will be able to put a wrench on the nuts.
The tabs keep the nuts from turning when they are in the up position.


Dan DiBiase wrote:

> Hi, all... I've started to clean up the used GB short block I recently
> purchased. Start simple, I figured, so I've wire-brushed the valve cover
> and then I thought I'd go after the fan next - it's a nice 3-bladed job. I
> soaked the 4 nuts in penetrant but am now wondering what type of tool is
> used to remove 'em - there are these strange locking nuts underneath - not
> the same ones shown in Bentley (the 'cut circle' type) but ones with
> several flanges that stick 'up' that cradle the nut. They are also linked
> by a connecting piece of metal - 2 of the lock washers are linked together
> by a little connecting piece of metal between 2 of the bolts... You can't
> put a wrench on them... Is there a special tool needed here?

/// mailing list
///  or try

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>