Don't need to worry about SMOG now!@%^&!!!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Don't need to worry about SMOG now!@%^&!!!
From: rexcats <rexcats@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 10:30:23 -0700
Hi everyone here is the latest on our sons 79 MGB that we were in the
process of restoring!  I conceded to let my husband take it to a repair shop
in San Jose to get it to pass SMOG, well that isn't the problem anymore, on
the drive over the mountain to San Jose there was a loud noise, which made
clear it was time to pull off the road which on 17 is not an easy thing to
do, and once over engine off getting out of the car well that's not fun
either on that road where there is no where to pull over.  Pop the bonnet
and there is smoke and fire!  Back off because yeap did we remember to put
an extinguisher in this car of course not!  Call 911 and soon after the fire
stops, so cancel the fire truck, and now call for a tow.  Once home Bonnet
open there is a huge hole the size of my fist right below the distributor,
so I think we blew a rod.  I guess we won't need to worry about getting it
to pass SMOG anytime soon!  So anybody out there in California got a engine
or block that will work in a 79 MGB?  Our son will be so disappointed today
when he gets home from school.  Everything happens for a reason, so I guess
he wasn't suppose to be driving this on the roads anytime soon.  Plus I
think my husband wanted to pull the engine anyway and if he didn't well he
will be now!  Anyone want to help?  In light of what has happened in our
country this is petty but probably the diversion my mind needed for now.

Take care everyone,

Lisa Ann, Micahel, & Justin

79 MGB  (BROKEN)
72 Midget (needs a tune up)
2001 Miata  (it runs)
98 firebird  (husbands commute car)
98 Safari Van (Family car & looks like Justin will be driving this for some
time)

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///