Whaddaya think?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Whaddaya think?
From: Nory3@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:55:24 -0400 (EDT)
I've been tempted for a couple months by someone with an MGA lurking in
their garage.  I still haven't seen the car, but the guy has finally
decided on a price, so I was wondering what you guys think.  I'll
probably go look at it in a couple weeks, when the guy moves it to his
new house, so I'm hoping to make a decision before then, assuming it is
as it's been described to me.  I don't know a whole lot about MGA's
(other than that I like them!), so I'm turning to my list buddies for
advice (as usual).

It's a 1958 MGA, needs paint, has rebuilt engine, new brakes (owned by a
mechanic, so I assume this work was properly done).  He has a lot of new
parts, (but hasn't had time to put them all on yet) including new
windshield, recovered seats, and all new chrome.  He has bins of parts,
some new and some from a parts car he had (including wire wheels and
everything needed to convert), and is not even sure what he has.  It's
not exactly "driveable", but it runs and runs great (according to him).
He's asking $5000 (but I'm guessing he can be talked down a little).

I know what I think about it, but I have an addiction, so I was
wondering what some "impartial" opinions might be.  Do you guys think it
might be worth it?  I'd have to get rid of one of my Midgets to make
room for it (probably the '74- it's the one in worst shape), but I think
I could live with that.  On the other hand, do I really want another
project right now?  I'd still have 2 Midgets, even if I sell the '74.
On the other hand again, $5000 seems like a good price for an 'A with a
rebuilt engine and bins of new parts, doesn't it?

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///