[Top] [All Lists]

Re: More Engine Stuff...

To: MG List <>
Subject: Re: More Engine Stuff...
From: Max Heim <>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 17:46:40 -0700
That's the flex hose from the block for the oil pressure gauge. After the
junction it continues as a small-diameter pipe to the gauge.

on 9/21/01 5:38 PM, Dan DiBiase at wrote:

> Tonight, I loosened up the various rusty connections on my 18GB engine -
> oil hoses, radiator hose, and a third hose that exists the engine block
> right next to the rear oil hose. It's a smaller gauge than the oil hose,
> but none of the manuals I have (Bentley, Haynes, Chilton) have a clear
> picture of what this hose is... I looked at the '76B engine, and the hose
> goes to a junction of some sort that rests on top of the passenger-side
> (on LH cars) footwell. What the heck is that hose?!
> Gonna spend some time scraping crud off tomorrow, then wheel it down to
> the storm drain in front of my house for the foamy stuff and rinsing.
> TIA...
> =====
> Dan DiBiase
> Dayton, NJ
> '76 MGB Tourer (Driver)
> '65 MGB Tourer (Project)
> '66-ish 18GB-U-H 39633
> NAMGBR #5-2328


Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149
If you're near Mountain View, CA,
it's the red one with the silver bootlid.

/// mailing list
///  or try

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>