Re: Strange !!!

To: mglist <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Strange !!!
From: Rick Brown <mgrick@mgcars.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 23:09:07 -0400
I thought of that Barney but the old plinth's -  gaskets and all - were
resprayed years ago- I had to slide a knife between the plinth and the gaskets
to get them off - the seal was so tight I don't think gasoline could have
possibly gotten in there.

Rick

Barney Gaylord wrote:

> At 09:38 PM 9/25/01 -0400, Rick Brown wrote:
> >.... on the "A" .... I did remove the tail lights from the body - under
> >the plinth pads was the original Alamo Beige paint - bright and shiny -
> >the strange thing is the paint was still sticky - you can actually push
> >the paint with your finger and leave a fingerprint.
> >
> >Question : How can 40 year old paint still be sticky??
>
> Spilled gasoline may get underneath the gasket, then stay wet there, and do
> that to otherwise perfectly good paint.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///