Stereo wiring

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Stereo wiring
From: Michael Jose <mwjose@home.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 03:22:53 -0700
I remember this topic coming up before, and I will concurrently be
checking the archives, but I wanted to know if anyone has
recommendations on how best to wire a stereo.
I am putting in a new main harness (looks like fun, honest) to replace
the melted one in my '79.  I want to modify the new harness properly for
a standard modern stereo (constant hot, switched hot, ground, and any
fuses I should put in there).
If anyone has any tips/tricks/theories or experiences with this, I thank
you in advance.
For now I just want a CD/am/fm unit with two 2 or 3 way speakers in the
doors (oh, if anyone can recommend a specific speaker to fit, that would
be great), and possibly room to add rear speakers and maybe an amp.
I'm sure I'll have a few more questions as I get into this job, wish me
luck
Thanks
Mike Jose
79 MGB