Re: New house is getting close

To: Ajhsys@aol.com
Subject: Re: New house is getting close
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 12:48:33 -0400
Allen,
  I have used a product called "Git-Rot" for repair of powderpost beetle
damage. It works wonderfully. It's an epoxy that saturates the porous
wood all the way to the good wood, then into that a bit. When the wood
stops accepting the stuff that you keep pouring on and spreading for what
seems an hour, the stuff then gels and then sets up like the yellow
plastic of a screwdriver handle. It's excellent for areas of rot that
would otherwise have to be cut out and replaced. I have used it on posts,
in sills, forward cabin posts in boats, and even in the bell supports at
church on which a 1000 lb bell is swung.
MG content--could be used in dry, deteriorated body timbers if the damage
was not so extensive that shape had changed.   There are equivalent
products--that's the name of the one I recall.
Bob

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///