Re: MG SUV and a short rant!

To: "Eddie Sheffield" <eddie@mediarchive.com>,
Subject: Re: MG SUV and a short rant!
From: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 13:34:17 -0400
...sorry... a bunch of old mail never went out....
so here they are...

Pina  .... like Fisher... is a 'body' manufacturer.
Don't blame them for making money off the idiots
willing to pay them to build a body for them   :-)

What bugs me about SUV's (I still have my 1989
Pathfinder with well over 100K miles in excellent shape)
is all these 'yuppie' buyers of today, that think they are safer in
them than other vehicles. WISE UP PEOPLE!  SUV's, like
pickups, are NOT required to pass the same safety
requirements as passenger cars.

Anyone who drives an LBC knows what I'm referring to when
I say a big vehicle 'isolates' the driver from the road, which only
adds to their false feeling of safety. Come on...honestly... how
many of you have ever really gone 'off-road' with the SUV.

Just in the last year alone I've witnessed three accidents
with SUV's. The latest between a 'standing still' car at a stop
light. The SUV flipped over as it ran up over the back of a Honda
Civic.  The Civic's rear window didn't even break. The SUV driver
suffered massive head trauma, and took out a gas station's
decorative fountain next to the road.

Anyone ever see the recent 'self destructing' Ford 150 crash tests!
At 40mph into wall, the driver;'s side wheel was underneath the drivers
seat, and the rear cabin window was touching the steering wheel.

My '73 BGT hit the Jersey wall, backwards, at 50mph, and
was still drivable. That after having a Tracker trailer truck used me as
a soccer ball three times
(bottom of the page at
 http://www.teglerizer.com/mgstuff/yb_description.htm

Paul Tegler     ptegler@gouldfo.com    www.teglerizer.com