Re: Weber 32/36 DGV vs. 32/36 DGAV or DGEV

To: James Laukaitis <jim5@us.ibm.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weber 32/36 DGV vs. 32/36 DGAV or DGEV
From: Howard gentry <zymmer4@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 13:56:00 -0700 (PDT)
--- James Laukaitis <jim5@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
>      Can anyone tell me the difference between these
> two carbs? Sometimes I
> see both intermixed. Are they the same? Does it have
> to do with automatic
> choke? I have read that the SU's are better for low
> and mid range power,
> but the Weber 32/36 DGV is better at higher RPM's. I
> guess the Weber would
> be best for autocross (my ultimate goal for my '67
> MGB-GT. I did hear that
> the Weber is totally streetable though? Any
> thoughts?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jim L
> 1967 MGB-GT (still working on the name, JD)
> email: jim5@us.ibm.com
> "my karma ran over your dogma"

Hi Jim,
     I have been running the DGV manual choke for
several years on my 1976 B roadster..It dosen't care
if you are in summer, winter, sea level or going over
Independence Pass at 11700 feet..It is seamless..Power
vs the twin SU setup??My 1974 Bgt has the twin
setup..It is stronger..in the summer time..It needs a
lot of fiddling with when I get over 7500 ft of
altitude..It acts weird when the temp goes below 10
deg. F...It needed some rebuild work after 80000
miles..etc...
     The Weber just works..You jet it for your
intended usage..and GOOOOOOO..."nuf said..hehe
Howard
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list