Re: Rubber Door Seals Coming Apart

To: eugeneb@nni.com
Subject: Re: Rubber Door Seals Coming Apart
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 09:18:06 EDT
Hi,
Yes, I used this stuff called Black Plastic Rubber Sealant (repair) it comes
in an Orange squeeze tube (like tooth paste) and its made in the good old USA
by a real American stalwart PERMATEX and sold at most any auto parts store. I
have used it to repair small holes in my hood (Top) !/2 tonneau and upolstery
as well as using it to repair rubber door seals perfectly! Try it you'll love
it! Hint: apply goop to both sides of torn or ripped seal use a piece of
masking tape to hold it together until it dries. Allows you to move on to
other things. When completely dry remove tape and fill in any low spots or
areas that still don't provide complete seal. Albert Escalante 1978 MGB (with
repaired seals all around)

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///