Virus Warning

To: BMW LIST <bmwmc@lists.ibmwr.org>, BMW-R1100
Subject: Virus Warning
From: "James H. Nazarian, Ph.D." <microdoc@zoominternet.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 16:47:09 -0400
I found an attachment in my e-mail in basket that contained a virus.

The name of the file is CFGWIZ32.EXE

This is what Norton Anti-Virus had to say about it:

             Virus W32.Magistr.24876@mm found and cleaned.

             This file is infected with a computer virus, a program that
can spread to
             many other files on your computer and can delete files,
steal sensitive
             information, or render your machine unusable--

Use your Windows search utility to check your system:

Click <Start>
Click <Find>
Click <Files or Folders>
Type the name of this file <CFGWIZ32.EXE>
Look in all hard drives and subfolders.

If the file is found delete it. DO NOT OPEN OR DOUBLE CLICK THE FILE.

Use an anti-Virus program to scan your system.

The first symptom I noticed this morning was a constant on drive
activity light.

Jim
microdoc@zoominternet.net

///