Value of 52 TD with Chevrolet engine..

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Value of 52 TD with Chevrolet engine..
From: MGALUVR@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 18:00:34 EDT
I have found a guy that is wanting to sell a 52TD with a small block early
Corvette engine installed.  I am interested in the car, but I don't have a
clue what its worth since its not original and has been altered. I am
supposed to go look at it tomorrow afternoon and I would like to have some
kind of an idea on what to offer him if it looks as good up close as it does
in a couple of photos he gave me. Its green, with what appears to be a pretty
decent body. The two photos I have don't show any dents or major faults. I am
anxious to see what has been done under the hood in order to get the
Chevrolet engine mounted. I assume it probably has a different transmission
and rear end as well. Can anyone give me a ball park figure, or somewhere to
start? I forgot to ask him if he still has the original TD motor and will
throw it in. That would certainly make a defference to me, as I would
eventually like to get it back to the original condition. I have included a
couple of scans of the car as attachments to this email for anyone who would
like to see the cosmetics. It appears to be all original on the outside.

     TIA......Bill Dillstrom

1962 MKII MGA Roadster
and possibly a.......
1952 MGTD with the wrong engine....

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
Green52TD 001.jpg]

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///