Fuel tank differences

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel tank differences
From: "Craig D. Niederst" <niederst@telerama.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 00:45:35 -0400
With the great weather here in Western PA today, I had planned for a run in
the B. Unfortunately, the fuel tank has developed a leak (looks like was done
intentionally, there is a large dent in the bottom of the tank, and a hole
punched in it that was not there earlier in the week...coincidentally,
neighbor was complaining a few days ago the car was parked in the street).
Anyway, I need a new tank. Its a '71, so the tank is of the vented variety. I
noticed in the catalogs and on the web that the non-vented tank used from
'65-'69 appears to have the same mounting holes, a larger fuel capacity (12.7
gallons vs 10.2), and costs about $100 less. Would this tank be a direct swap
for the '70-'75 vented variety? TIA.

Craig
'71 B

BTW, anyone else have any luck accessing the list archives at Listquest? I
tried, it says the page is unavailable.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///