Source of low oil pressure found

To: "'MG Mail list'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Source of low oil pressure found
From: dennis <mg-dennis@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 08:44:26 -0700
About 6 weeks ago I posted a message about my friends freshly rebuilt
engine with only about 15 - 20 lbs of oil pressure.  This last weekend I
went over and got a coffee can, with the pan removed, I set the can full
of oil under the pickup.  I had him crank the engine and oil just poured
out of a hole on the bottom of the engine near the pump.  There are two
holes there.  One for the by-pass and one that has a brass plug.  Well,
the machine shop pulled all the plugs before cleaning the block and then
replaced them except one!!!  The pan gasket partially covers the hole so
we where able to get some pressure.  Boy, what a pisser! Anyway, we got
a brass plug from O'connor and installed it last night.  Now we have to
get the engine buttoned back up and hopefully we can start it this
weekend.

Dennis Cox
67 MGB

///