Re: The end of Speedvision email bomb! long but pointed

To: ptegler@gouldfo.com, Ajhsys@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: The end of Speedvision email bomb! long but pointed
From: "Dave Munroe" <brutusdog1@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:10:15 -0300
Well, Paul;

I agree with your sentiment, but not necessarily your fears of the demise of
our only dedicated motorsport network. I think we must not panic too
soon....

What would be the motive for purchasing for big bucks a profitable network
and then completely changing the programming?? It would be simpler and more
economical to launch a new one. It's more likely they will examine the
viewership for each existing program and continue to run the most watched
(profitable), and replace the least popular with NASCAR oriented
programming. The fans of circle track racing are nothing if not devoted, and
they express their enthusiasm with their wallets.

Ever attend a NASCAR race? Look around the stands: the average fan looks
like he or she just leaped over the pit wall and visited the cheap seats to
sign autographs! The armada of 18 wheeler marketing tools filled with
expensive fan crap that follow the NASCAR circus around is unbelievable. I
think the NASCAR end of the new look to Speedvision will be incredibly
popular. But it remains to be seen if it will carry 24/7 infinitum.

The name of the game is profit, and if our favourite programs are watched by
only 12.7 people per hour, you can bet that they will be toast. The best
offence is to encourage LARGE audiences to watch open wheel racing, Classic
Car oriented programs, superbike racing etc.

Create the demand, and someone will attempt to meet it. Its the free market
way.

Dave