In-Car Telemetry/OT...

To: Chris Attias <cattias@cats.ucsc.edu>, MG Listserver
Subject: In-Car Telemetry/OT...
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 14:08:30 -0700 (PDT)
Speaking of in-car cameras, earlier this year, on Speedvision, I believe
it was the Sebring race, they had displayed across the bottom of the TV
screen, telemetry from in the car - revs, speed, and I believe 2 linear
graphs that showed acceleration force and braking force... Anyone else see
this? This was the most amazing display I have seen in my life! I think it
was in one of the Audi LeMans-type cars... Combined with the driver's-eye
view of the track, it was incredible to see the acceleration and braking
forces, and watching the revs spin up made my head swim, it was so
fast....

Unfortunately, Fox cannot do these types of graphics without having
robot-like men spin things out - anyone watch their ridiculous graphics
during their football broadcasts? And of course, they have to add strange
sounds... Can't wait until they start overdubbing tire screeching and
accident sounds....

Hmmm, John Madden and Pat Summerall doing NASCAR...?

=====
Dan DiBiase
Dayton, NJ
'76 MGB Tourer (Driver)