Classic Adelaide

To: MG Listserver <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Classic Adelaide
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 20:32:20 +0930
Well, I have been keeping nice and quiet!

I have just surfaced again after four days as an official on the
wonderful Classic Adelaide Rally ( http://www.classicadelaide.com.au ) -
lots of wonderful classic cars being driven as they should be.

Of course I have been disappointed in the past about the paucity of MG
entries but this year we had a BGT, CGT and a Midget (the Midget made it
through three and a half days - and very quickly too - but didn't quite
make it to the end).  The BGT came tenth overall (out of 72 cars, that
ain't bad!).

Fantastic event to be involved in (lots of Ferraris this year - and a
few million dollar classics) and with beautiful Spring weather there
were few accidents and no injuries, but lots of spirited driving.

With entrants from all over the world I lost count of how many
drivers/co-drivers raved about the rally, the roads (all tarmac), the
weather and the scenery in the hills surrounding the city of Adelaide
(South Australia).

Can't wait until NEXT year.

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///