heat!

To: David Hayes <David.Hayes@gmx.net>
Subject: heat!
From: Dr David McNaughton <david@mcna.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 10:51:20 +0100
Hi David,

first you need to look at the valve on the block which is controlled by
the heat switch.  Try to turn it manually perhaps to get some water
flowing.
Second - you may have a blocked heater core - ( hope its not this as its
a real pain to get out and in again.)  You need to disconnect the heater
hoses where they attach to the heater unit ( look at workshop manual)
then the bottom cable for the flap - and the electrics to the fan  - then
you remove the heater box - split it and either wash through - or better
still replace with an uprated matrix - and an uprated fan!
Then the fun part - attach the bottom cable and feed it through the
bulkhead - then slip the heater box back into place - easy - if you are
luck - a total ******* if you are not!

Good luck ..........

David

73 B GT ( now with working heater!)